Policy/procedure for endorsements/statements of support
Individuals can bring a proposed endorsement before the entire group; as per our bylaws – “Proposals to use the Oberlin Group name in support of various initiatives must come before the membership, either in-person or virtually, and require a two-thirds vote of all Member Representatives” (53 to approve).
- Initial proposal – may come from any member, does not necessarily start with the Board of Directors
- Share with group for discussion
- If enough interest in pursuing, then revise if needed based on discussion and feedback
- A Board member becomes a liaison and works with the person who made the proposal and organizes the vote and follow through with results
- If two-thirds members (53) approve the endorsement, then the submission/press release should be made by the Board liaison. Notice should be posted to Oberlin website news after the endorsement is made.